Dating the Undead by Juliet Lyons – Review, Spotlight, & Giveaway
Dating the Undead
Undead Dating Service series – Book #1
by Juliet Lyons
Release Date: May 2, 2017
It’s Bridget Jones with vampires in this fresh and funny paranormal romance from debut author Juliet Lyons
When Silver Harris kisses sexy Irish vampire Logan Byrne on New Year’s Eve, she knows other humans just won’t suffice. Convinced she’ll never see him again, she joins the uber-popular vampire dating site, V-Date.com.
What Silver doesn’t know is that the site is more dangerous than she could ever imagined, and soon she’s in over her head. When Logan returns, sparks fly and attraction sizzles, but they’ll have to escape some very real demons if they have any chance of lasting forever.
Dating the Undead by Juliet Lyons is the 1st book in her Undead Dating Service series. This was a different type of paranormal story line revolving around vampires and humans. Silver Harris, our heroine, is a beautiful feisty sexy young girl, who secretly is trying to find the person responsible for killing her mother. Silver starts dating vampires, which in this book, seems the norm for human girls who find them sexy and attractive. Silver has agreed to go undercover using the V-Date.com site to help the police learn more information about how vampires live and how to stop them.
Logan Byrne is close to 200 years old, and is a gorgeous vampire with sexy green eyes. He saves Silver from a bad vampire, and in no time their attraction for each other is hotter than hell. Logan works for Ronin, the ancient vampire who he is blood bound to; Little does Logan know that the assignment he is given, will bring him to Silver. Their relationship was great, as Silver was a piece of work, with her off the cuff sassy comments, and I loved them together. They were so much fun, not to mention totally steamy.
Logan realizes he is falling in love with Silver, having feelings he has not had for so long. Because he knows his boss will not approve, and his fear of his old dangerous sire coming back to haunt him, Logan will decide to break up with Silver to keep her safe. Once he finds out that Silver is working for the police, Logan knows he has to protect her, and also knows he can’t live without her. At this point, all hell is about to break loose, with Logan’s sire returning putting both of their lives together. During this time, Silver will also find out who was responsible for her mother’s murder.
I enjoyed Dating the Undead, mainly because the main characters were lots of fun, likeable and their chemistry was off the wall. After the exciting & surprise climax twist, there was an epilogue that moved forward three years in time, which was a nice touch. Wonderful start of this new series by Juliet Lyons. I recommend Dating the Undead to read if you enjoy paranormal romances with vampires.
Reviewed by Barb
Copy provided by Publisher
10 ways to tell if your date is actually a vampire by Juliet Lyons
- They only want to meet at night, using the excuse that they’re not ‘a morning person’
- On a date to the beach, you catch them harassing the lady in the mini mart to check the stock room for Hawaiian Tropics factor 500.
- When you get a paper cut, they’re oddly excited.
- They’re still not over their ex. Even though the latter has been dead for two hundred years.
- Every time you mention a church wedding they recoil in horror*.
- They often refer to Eric from True Blood as someone who ‘has their shit together.’
- They drink a lot of red wine, but never seem drunk. Wait — is that actually wine?
- They have pale, flawless skin despite the fact you’ve never once seen them cleanse and/or moisturize.
- When watching any kind of sporting event, they constantly scoff and sneer at the athletes.‘Please! Is that the best they can do?’
- They are particularly keen to remind you that the neck is a top five erogenous zone…
*Does not necessarily mean they are a vampire. Mortals — particularly males—are also prone to behaving in this way.
Clichéd lines from dating profile
Want to grab a bite?
Social Networking Links