The Reading Cafe Review Policy
We would like to thank you for taking the time to visit The Reading Cafe. We hope you enjoy our site as much as we do.
If you would like us to consider reviewing your work, please note the following guidelines:
1. Sandy and Barb are the administrators and principle contributors and reviewers for The Reading Cafe, but we also enjoy the work of a handful of contributing reviewers. All requests for reviews must be sent to either Sandy or Barb.
2. If we agree to review your work, our review may be posted to any or all of the following sites: Amazon. com, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and The Reading Cafe.
3. We have the right to refuse any request, without explanation.
4. We will not post a review of any book that we do not feel meet our standards or may reflect poorly against the website and/or the author. WE do not guarantee a positive review.
5. Any books and novels older than 6 months (after release) will not be considered unless accompanied by a new release due to the enormous number of review requests.
6. If you would like us to review your work, we will accept ARCs as well as published books (paper and hardcover). Please contact us via email to request our mailing address if we should accept your request and require a paper book. If you are sending an ebook, we accept a gift coupon (or code) Amazon and Smashwords, but we do accept electronic PDFs, mobi and epub as well.
-if you have a link to your website or purchase availability, please include with your request for review.
7. We will consider doing an interview and author giveaway at the time of the review. Please let us know if you would be available for a written interview. We would ask that a profile picture be available for the interview, as well as cover art for the review. If the cover art is available online, we will get a copy for site use.
8. The timing is always critical. If you require a quick turnaround and promotion, that is not always possible. We are sometimes booked months in advance, especially with new releases from best-selling authors. But we will make all attempts to read and review your novel.
9. If you are interested in a side bar cover-promotion (picture and release date etc) please contact us about prices and fees. There will be a nominal charge for longer promotions. Again contact us.
WE WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING GENRES:
Paranormal and Fantasy
NOTE TO PUBLISHERS: We are open to working with publishers as long as the policy guidelines for genre are met.
If you are outside of our genre listing, please email and tell us about your novel. We will consider at that time. NOTE: We will not review TEXT BOOKS, NON- FICTION, COMIC BOOKS, ANIME, HOW-TO BOOKS, POETRY books or AUTOBIOGRAPHIES
Please feel free to contact either Barb or Sandy regarding a review. We do not bite (unless we have been converted to vampire), but we want to be sure, that the basic guidelines are available to everyone who visits our site.
CONTACT US AT:
NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, the books that we review are from our personal shelves.
Review Policies are subject to change at our discretion.
As fellow Internet users, we totally respect your online privacy. So it goes without saying that we are fully committed to safeguarding your online privacy while you’re here at the The Reading Cafe website. This is precisely why we’ve decided to include the following, which discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
Like most standard websites, this website uses log files. These include: Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses), browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and the number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement in the aggregate, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Web Cookies and Beacons
Web cookies (also known as HTTP cookies, or just cookies) are parcels of text that are sent by a server to a Web browser, and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. In other words, a cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer that is tied to information about the user.
Web beacons are objects that are embedded in a webpage or email that are invisible to the user, but allow checking that a user has viewed the page or email. Other names are web bug, tracking bug, tag or page tag.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. Please check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this.
We may use outside advertising networks and companies in order to display ads on this site. These ads may contain cookies and/or web beacons in order to collect data in the ad serving process. These such cookies and/or web beacons are collected by the companies and/or advertising networks, themselves. We do not have any access to this information.
From time to time we may work with several advertising networks and companies. If you have any questions, please check their websites for their respective privacy policies.
Webmaster Contact Information
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on The Reading Cafe, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments including profanity will be deleted.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
- Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
The Reading Cafe reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.